Roomvu is a Real Estate Tech startup that helps Realtors convert their Audience to Leads.
Roomvu.com creates automated and branded, data-rich marketing videos and profiles for realtors. The automated videos in the profiles combined with a lead generating landing pages create a unique experience for Realtors to communicate with their network and convert them into trusting leads. We have built a fully scalable video content creation factory based on our own content library and automated market stats and create downloadable video content for realtors across North America. From recent news to market reports, Realtors are able to get branded video reports at the click of a button.
Our service provider driven Roomvustore.com division creates listing marketing for realtors through automated tools and a distributed network of Photographers (e.g. video, photos, VR, etc.)
Who You Are
You have a passion for putting your analytical data skills towards solving complex problems with a focus on geo-spatial techniques, working well with teams, and fighting hard to meet deadlines and build break-out products.
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, understanding GIS and geo-spatial mapping and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Specifically, you will automate our building energy scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, and further develop our catalog of products for energy efficiency and renewables building improvements.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining and statistical analysis using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Interest in climate change, energy efficiency and desirable that you have experience in energy and building modelling
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, R, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills and ability to present information to management team in a way that explains concepts and thinking
- Experience with Saas software development
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with PostgresSQL, spatial objects and experience with Redis, Amazon Web Services is required
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
- 4+ years’ practical experience with data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python an asset